Sunday 12 July 2009

Harrogate


Made it to Harrogate! Anne and i parted company at Grewelthorpe (just after Masham), so i completed the rest of the journey to harrogate and then leeds by myself. The trials of the journey had taken their toll (sticky brake, dodgy gears, numerous punctures and very dodgy unexpected dual-carriageway dash didn't help), so Anne took the opportunity to go off on her own mission. I felt rather low for the first few miles by myself, but my spirits were soon lifted by a fellow cyclist who drew up beside me and chatted for a while. He was totally impressed by the whole ride and just before he cycled away, he reached into his pocket and handed me a fiver for the cause, which made my heart sing.

1 comment:

  1. I had a really special day. I went to take photos of the village and other places where my gran lived as noticed the night before they were only a few miles off our route. My gran has dementia and is clearest in the past so it was important to me and my mother is delighted with the results.

    ReplyDelete