Monday 6 July 2009

Going, going...

Oh my god, we're leaving tomorrow! It doesn't seem real, after so many months of thinking about it. But it is real, and I have a lot of stuff around me, reminding me that my journey's imminent, including an assortment of zip ties, first aid kit, energy bars, toothpaste, sun cream and panniers. I don't know if I'll be needing the sun cream if the weather continues like this (I can hear thunder as I write)... I might have an excuse to use my waterproof socks after all!

My kit list contains:
waterpoof jacket, waterproof trousers, waterproof socks, cycling gloves, trainers, sport socks x 3, cycling shorts x 3, t-shirts x 3, Alzheimers Research t-shirt, arm warmers, gilet, jogging pants, baggy shorts, warm top, jeans, socks x 3, pumps x 1, t-shirts x 2, cardigans x 2, pyjamas, collecting tin, bar bag, panniers x 2, camelback and water bladder, puncture repair kit, spare inner tube, tyre levers, park tool, pump, chain tool, spare quick links, gaffa tape, zip ties, cord, cyling helmet, suncream, sunglasses, camera, mobile phone and charger, Lucozade Sport powder, train ticket, maps, bike computer, travel shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, contact lens solution and case, glasses and case, toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, tea tree oil, first aid kit, ibuprofen, scissors, energy bars, sweets/snacks.

Notice there's no sat nav in that list... I couldn't make up my mind if I really needed one, and then I left it too late to order the one I wanted! So we're going to have to make do with printed out Google maps of the whole route, day by day. I've cunningly printed out 'zoomed in' maps of the towns and cities, so we know which roads we're supposed to be taking to get through them. I hope this works!

OK, better get on with printing out these maps then. And after that, it's eating, packing, eating and eating some more, then sleeping.

1 comment: